[linux-audio-user] bad lag with audiophile 2496

Tommi Sakari Uimonen tuimonen at cc.hut.fi
Tue Feb 3 05:26:56 EST 2004

> Whenever I do something that uses sound, I get about a 3 second delay
> before the sound plays. Once the audio has started playing then
> everything is fine until it stops. I then get the delay again the next
> time I try to play a sound.

I've experienced this only with Audacity, and it's close to 6 seconds.
Stop works ok.

ALSA and JACK based apps work without delays. I'd say it's oss-emulation
layer problem at least in my case.

2496 with 2.4.20 & 2.4.24 tested (2.6.0 also, but can't remember Audacity
behaviour with that)

Tommi Uimonen