[OT] OODBs and schema, was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: sound & midi applications page

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Feb 3 10:27:35 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:56:03AM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

> > > Yeah, I guess. Eg. if you had Green Things and Red Things and you wanted
> > > to replace them with Coloured Things.
> >
> > How is this done in the RDF world?
>
> You create a mapping schema which says
>
> GreenThings rdfs:subClassOf ColouredThings .
> RedThings   rdfs:subClassOf ColouredThings .
> (and the same for the properties that need translating.

okey-doke.

Now, how do you, as a third party, make use of all this stuff?
Do I have to provide a query engine at some URL or do you just
walk through my pile of RDF documents parsing stuff?

> So any queries you have on GreenThings will be satisfied by instances of
> ColouredThings - not a perfect match as you can see, but better than
> nothing.

Did you mean to say that the other way around? i.e.
"any queries you have on ColouredThings will be satisfied by instances of
GreenThings".

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com