[linux-audio-user] zipper noise during playback

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Feb 4 11:55:03 EST 2004

Robert Jonsson wrote:

>I think you know this and probably do it right already, can't hurt to repeat
>it though.
>You have to run the sb-live with 48khz sampling frequency to achieve good
>performance. I haven't heard of this particular issue but I imagine it's
>possible since sb-live does internal resampling...

I've started using JACK with 48 kHz.

>More probable is perhaps that the card is faulty.

Doubtful. Playback is fine with XMMS through long playlists.

I did add the 'no-hlt' instruction to lilo.conf, that definitely fixed a
problem with mouse noise. I've been experimenting with various settings
for JACK, I'll put a report together when I've found my optimal values.

I'm a little suspicious about the nVidia card/driver combination. Anyone
else using a gForce with the nVidia driver ?

I'm also interested in anyone else's settings, experiences with, or
opinions on using an SBLive with JACK.

Best,

dp