[linux-audio-user] DeMuDi-Creature Re:[ports|quests]

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Feb 7 23:17:23 EST 2004

Andrea, Free, Damien et al.

All the creature[0] reports I still have open are packages that still don't
work on my machine. I just felt I should make that clear. However, I have
been altering the priorities to try to indicate whether I consider them
important (to me as opposed to the distro generally).

Thus the low priorities are things I've noticed, but can work around. Some
like the tk707 psting relate to DeMuDi-1.0 versions and can be safely closed.
If you do happen to close an item which was important to me that will simply
prompt me to get in touch to clarify.

The 'important' issues for me are with the Jack'd apps. I'd particularly like
to sort out MusE, Hydrogen and Jamin so I can get making music. I understand
that experimenting with Jack currently involves facing frequent crashes,
however, an application does need to start up, connect with Jackd and
preferably open a file or two before it can crash the system in a
satisfactory manner.

Despite my successes at repeatedly and logically breaking things, It's not
always so easy to find or record any meaningful output and this makes it
difficult to proceed towards a solution. From recent discussions I take
solace in the knowledge that I am not alone and that this is in fact the
day-to-day reality of most software developers, who long for the day they can
actually sit down and use the product without having to file another bug
report. I do sympathise.

Damien says he thinks he's fixed the creature[0] on Jamin. How do I find the
bugfixed package so I can verify that it works on my system?

Thanks for all the great work you're doing. If you can think of any ways my
input can be made more useful, please don't hesitate to let me know, like a
Package-Breaking-HOWTO or X-Crashing-HOWTO, these would be welcomed.

*grins*

tim hall

[0] "That's not a bug, it's an Undocumented Creature"
- Terry Pratchett - Discworld2 -