[linux-audio-user] cabling question: crosstalk between audio and cat5 ethernet?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Feb 8 07:27:15 EST 2004

thanks to everyone who responded!

after hearing your opinions, i think i'll go ahead and run both
audio and cat5 in the same duct.
i will do the soldering myself - if i can get hold of a multicore
with quad configuration for an affordable price, i'll try it.
david's suggestion to use individual cables makes sense, but would
require very large holes through the walls, so i'll go with a
multicore instead.
the audio cable will run between two xlr breakout boxes, so the loom
and shielding problem david hinted at will not be an issue.

i'll let you know how/if it works out eventually...

best,

jörn

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)