Linux PA WAS [linux-audio-user] More Mandrake 9.2 fine tuning...Dell latitude live fx box

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 11 20:51:22 EST 2004

Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 07:23, Greg Reddin wrote:
> > --- Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
! Are we recreating HAL here?? 8~}

 Hal is ancient tech.

> Obviously the lack of ins/outs here is the first issue...unless using
> RME or Echo Layla or similar and then only like, 8 inputs...On standard
> cards the headroom specs might be an issue on inputs before distortion.
> I don't have a clue what I'm running at (Prolly close to -10 dbm unity
> gain) but no real clue...just watching the VU's in Ardour for that and
> listening for distortion. On the cheap side, I have a CII docking
> station for the laptop which has 2 PCI slots. I have a SB Live in it.
> Now, multiple cards dont work when trying to sync for rec/playback...but
> for this it wouldn't matter. That would give me at least 2 stereo ins
> and 4 stereo outs to play with. Should be able to just add emu10k to

 How many do you need? {Might try this anyway
http://www.midiman.com/index.php?do=products.main&ID=fb3e9310bc0341f272b3b31d2cbf4e97
}

 http://www.tml.hut.fi/Research/
--
 See these tears so blue. An ageless heart that can never mend.
 Tears can never dry. A judgement made can never bend.