[linux-audio-user] pd -jack alsa - pd crash needs reboot

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 12 12:59:07 EST 2004

> i am running pd 0.37.0 as root with the latest kernel from planetccrma with -jack
> using Qjackctl as user - i am using alsa 1.0.1 with a hdsp card on RH.9  P4 2.6
> with 2gigs of dual channel ram
>
> jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 -p 1024 & (or somthing like that)
>
> pd -rt -jack
>
> whenever i use the plugin~ 0.2 (LADSPA) external, the smallest thing (select all-
> drag) causes pd to crash and the only way it will restart is by doing a reboot.

Don't use jack -R and pd -rt at the same time. The current version on
Planet CCRMA has a problem... (I have to update to a newer version). In
the meanwhile try ommiting the -rt parameter to pd.

-- Fernando