[linux-audio-user] Re: Need a new soundcard or more ;-)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Feb 12 15:02:56 EST 2004

Hallo,
Michelle Konzack hat gesagt: // Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Am 2004-02-12 18:50:26, schrieb Frank Barknecht:
> >USB 1 bandwith is limited so you won't be able to drive more that 8
> >mono channels with 16bit/48kHz data over it. USB 2 devices aren't
> >supported yet, AFAIK.
>
> So better ist to put the Tape-Deck, the Record-Player and VHS-Recorde
> on a preamplifier and use this to select the Sound devices ?

Yep, this is, what I do here for example. If you only need to drive
one or two devices at the same time, you could just mix them and
connect them to a stereo or 4 channel card.

> Or use the Internel USB-Port and a seperatly USB-Card ?

Well, but then you could buy a decent PCI sound card, which would be
better anyways.

> When can I count with USB 2.0 support ?

I don't know, but I'd say: don't hold your breath.

ciao