[linux-audio-user] setting virmidi in modules.conf makes an jack error?

Piotr Sawicki pelle at plusnet.pl
Thu Feb 12 16:43:29 EST 2004

Hi,
I have problems with configuring virmidi and running jack.
According to howto from:
http://linux-sound.org/quick-toots/4-sequencers_and_softsynths/quick-toot-midisynth_howto.html

I have set /etc/modules.conf like this:

above snd-ice1712 snd-pcm-oss
# Configure support for OSS /dev/sequencer and
# /dev/music (aka /dev/sequencer2)
# (Takashi Iwai advises that it is unnecessary
# to alias these services beyond the first card, i.e., card 0)
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss

# Configure card 1 (second card) as a virtual MIDI card
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias snd-card-1 snd-virmidi

alias sound-slot-0 snd-ice1712

Then I want to run qjackctl as usual, but I get an error:

could not connect to jack server as client

and when I type in console:
[root at pececik piotr]# jackd -d alsa -d hw:0
jackd 0.94.3
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1055:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed:
No such file or directory
jackd: pcm.c:687: snd_pcm_nonblock: Assertion `pcm' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
[root at pececik piotr]#

If I comment these lines in modules.conf and restart alsa, everything
works perfectly, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Piotr
--
Kopalnia Dźwięku