[linux-audio-user] still have bad sound

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sat Feb 14 15:14:46 EST 2004

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>  I've narrowed down some parts of my current problems with sound. The
> mouse is definitely a noise-maker: I move, I get a not-nice ripping
> noise that tracks along with the mouse movement. I had hoped that the
> problem would be the nVidia binary video driver, but the problem occurs
> with the kernel sources driver as well. I've appended some background
> info in case anyone sees an obvious flaw in the system.
>
>  A couple of things: I have no USB devices on this machine, so how can I
> get rid of the usb-uhci stuff hanging off the same interrupt as the
> SBLive ? Also, would it do any good to switch slots ?

as frank said, either turn off usb in your bios, or if that's not
possible, move the card around.

--
The handles of a craftsman's tools bespeak an absolute simplicity,
the plainest forms affording the greatest range of possibilities for

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)