[linux-audio-user] Jackstart - realtime capabilities issues

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 16 17:30:13 EST 2004

Hallo,
Gerrit Niestijl hat gesagt: // Gerrit Niestijl wrote:

> I am not a debian expert, but i know (from this list) that there is a
> multimedia kernel for debian on the net (sorry, no address). That will
> have capabilities enabled and a lot of other audio features.

One can use the Agnula kernel-image packages on Debian. Here one could
download the current kernel-image and alsa-modules:
http://apt.agnula.org/pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.4.22-i386/

One probably wants these for an Athon machine:

kernel-image-2.4.22-1-k7_2.4.22-3d1_i386.deb
alsa-modules-2.4.22-1-k7_0.9.8-1+2.4.22-3d1_i386.deb

They are patched ready for audio work. With some more work it is
possible to use all AGNULA packages on a Debian machine. Just add:

# Demudi:
deb http://apt.agnula.org/demudi unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://apt.agnula.org/demudi unstable main contrib non-free

into /etc/apt/sources.list, run "apt-get update" and something like
"apt-get upgrade" while online.

ciao