[linux-audio-user] debian sarge/demdui for audio (was Re: Jackstart - realtime capabilities issues)

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Tue Feb 17 11:54:50 EST 2004

I'm not sure my approach/perspective would suit average users since
my day job is linux system administration ... But, I run a standard
sarge installation and compile my audio apps from source. This has
worked well for me so far. But, I'm comfortable configuring and
compiling my own kernels, alsa-drivers, jackd, sound libraries and
applications. It probably helps that I mostly only use ecasound right
now, so I don't have many gui library issues to contend with. And, well
... it's only one app.

I've been thinking for a while of trying more applications. Ardour,
muse, swami and fluidsynth are on my list. When I get around to it I'll
probably just try to compile them from source, too. But, I have left a
couple partitions free on my root drive for trying out demudi and
possibly something else. I'm hesitant to jump into using demudi, though,
not knowing what happens to the project once the funded development
period ends.

-Eric Rz.