[linux-audio-user] Advice needed re: latency tuning/optimization, esp. video

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 18 06:30:52 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:24:52 +0100
Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de> wrote:

Strangely enough... I may actually admit to being wrong here.

I think I may have misinterpreted the information here:
http://www.digitalexperience.com/cards.html

At any rate... check the information here:
http://www.djcj.org/LAU/guide/audio_quality_HOWTO.htm#bad_digi
{which is why I'm questioning the 44k thing...}

and here:
http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/ct462048/index.htm
http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/compare/index.htm

If you take the time to search out a few professional soundcard reviews...
you'll find enough of them that agree with me. They may be fine for games... I'm
not playing games. I doubt that many folk who are or aspire to be professionals
are going to want to limit themselves this way.

--
 See these tears so blue. An ageless heart that can never mend.
 Tears can never dry. A judgement made can never bend.