[linux-audio-user] Advice needed re: latency tuning/optimization, esp. video

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 18 13:15:55 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:13:17 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 06:52:26AM -0800, davidrclark at earthlink.net wrote:
> > As a footnote, Steve Harris mentioned that the Live! cards resample, even
> > at 48 Ksamples/sec.  Well, the signal path may include resampling, but
> > technically, the interpolation algorithms used should reproduce the input
> > exactly.  So in fact, there should be no difference.  In other words, don't
>
> It doesnt appear to - a friend of mine has been poking his to try and
> figure out whats going on. If you send a 48k impulse through it comes back
> with clear resampling symptoms.
>
> The effect is not particularly audible, but its not preserving the bits. I
> can definatly believe that the 44.1 -> 48 is more audible.

 I do know how much it throws my synch off when I do have to resample stuff. I
just imagine what it does to any audio signal. {which was the point of the
44/48 resampling issue in the first place} There are other cards that sound much
better for just a bit more money. Why settle?

--
 See these tears so blue. An ageless heart that can never mend.
 Tears can never dry. A judgement made can never bend.