[linux-audio-user] Advice needed re: latency tuning/optimization, esp. video

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 18 13:50:53 EST 2004

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie at rfa.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:19:52PM -0600, RTaylor wrote:

> >  Yeah. 4 of them are swappable {drawers}. I keep backups, libraries and so
> >  on on
> > disks {and dvds} I do video. Video requires lots of storage. {Most of my
> > work is widescreen... {animated... not anamorphic} It suffers when I dump it
> > to tape. HDs are relatively cheap.
>
> Are these hot swappable IDE disks? what sort of
> controller/drawer/whatever do you use for that? We have these huge tower
> cases at work and it would be cool if we had a cheap way to fill the 5
> 1/4" bays with cheap hotswappable IDE drives so we could use them for
> data RAIDs.

 Not hot swappable. Just a straight pull out drawer. The secondary {raid} ide on
the motherboard. I'm sure you can buy hot swappable raid blocks for machines.
I'm not all that sure about ide and I doubt you can do it for cheap. For my
needs the above is just fine.
 --
 See these tears so blue. An ageless heart that can never mend.
 Tears can never dry. A judgement made can never bend.