[linux-audio-user] SoS DRM article now online

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Feb 19 08:48:38 EST 2004

Hallo,
Daniel James hat gesagt: // Daniel James wrote:

> The piece I wrote for Sound on Sound about DRM for audio is now
> available online without subscription:
>
> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug03/articles/drm.htm
>
> The arguments will be familiar to list members, but the piece was
> written for people who haven't been following DRM development
> closely.

Great article.

Just a short comment: You write "[...] the use of these techniques is
not always indicated on album packaging." At least in Germany this now
isn't true anymore. The use of copy protection *has* to be visible to
customers here. I believe this was done to conform to EU laws, so it
might become so in GB, as well.

ciao