[linux-audio-user] Sounds Expo video

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Thu Feb 19 09:53:40 EST 2004

On Thursday 19 Feb 2004 2:56 pm, Dave Phillips wrote:
>   It worked fine with the gxine plugin.

Dammit, I still haven't managed to see this thing.

What is the "gxine plugin"?  I do appear to have xine here, but it
doesn't show up as a browser plugin.  Unless you mean xine with a
particular codec plugin?

Anyone out there been able to get this video working on SuSE 9,
preferably without having to download and compile something entirely
new?  I have Real Player 8, but the closest I've got to getting that
to work is getting it to show a generic error box and give up (that
was using Mozilla, Konqueror wouldn't start it at all).

A URL I could just paste into Real Player's Location dialog would be
nice -- anyone?  I haven't managed to wade far enough through the
disgusting code on that site to find one that works yet.

(At this rate I'm going to end up booting the laptop into Windows to
watch a video about Linux.)

Chris