[linux-audio-user] suggested Window Manager good for audio?

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at wakkanet.fi
Thu Feb 19 11:03:02 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, RTaylor wrote:

>  Windowmaker {gnustep, musickit, etc is pretty nice as well.}
>
> http://www.windowmaker.org/
> http://www.gnustep.org/
> http://www.musickit.org/

++votes. I nowadays use Windowmaker on all my Linux machines. Lots of
pros:

- very simple and usable user-interface; easy to learn
- mature and stable; I haven't needed to upgrade in years
  because of bugs and/or missing features in wmaker
- does not get in your way; one process (wmaker) - with relatively
  small footprint - that only runs when it is needed (very good
  from audio use POV)
- is intuitive enough so that other people, not used to wmaker, are
  able to do basic tasks on my machines

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!