[linux-audio-user] Re: Some music made with Linux

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Thu Feb 19 21:54:11 EST 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 21:39, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 17:38, Larry Troxler wrote:
> > I would say that there are more tools for MIDI processing in Linux then
> > in Windows. In fact, that's what drove me to move to linux many years
> > ago. Common Music, PD, Csound, KeyKit all come to mind.
> >
> > Understandably, you're probably lamenting the lack of an out-of-box
> > equivalent of whatever it is that Ntonyx does, more then a supposed lack
> > lack of MIDI post-processing apps in Linux, of which there are a great
> > many.
> >
> > Larry Troxler
>
> ???????
> Isn't what one thing does infinitely more important than how many things
> can be put in a list?
> ???????

In some ways and to some people, yes. I didn't say there was anything wrong
with that :-). You have this one particular MIDI processing app that does
what you like, and you don't care about flexibility or the ability to do
other types of MIDI processing that you dream up. You just want to get the
job done without having to devise the algorithms yourself. You'd rather spend
the time making music. That's fine; it's nice to have something out of the
box that does the job.

I only commented to make it clear that there are plenty of applications in
Linux that let you post-process MIDI.

> I don't even understand comments like this.

You don't understand, or you don't agree? ;-)

> Sorry, but with best regards,
> Mark

Same here!

Larry