[linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 20 12:28:21 EST 2004

Pete Bessman <ninjadroid at ml1.net> wrote:
> RTaylor wrote:

> >  My real problem would be with the squeaky bits that you've got
> > going along with the massive guitar thrummy stuff. They just don't
> > seem to be part of the same song. I like the massive guitar thrummy
> > stuff... the other sounds throw me off. Maybe if you were to morph
> > between the two somehow or toss in a transitional sound?
>
> That's a good premise on which to do a remix, but it would actually be
> a bit too drastic of a change to make and still consider the song to
> be the same.  The dynamics of this song are intentionally raw and
> dichotomous.

 :} Alright. Just a suggestion. {Too much time spent in crits. I just assume
that when someone put something up that they want that sort of response.
I do hope you don't take offense at that sort of thing. {Strangely enough...
most folks response in crits is pretty similar to your own. As mine usually
is. If something's done enough to show... I'm usually so tired of it that I
never want to see it again.}}

> As always, if you want to hack it up, have at it!  And I can guarantee

 No thanks. I'm still not quite sure I agree with the concept of remixing. Most
of my samples began life as white noise or generated tones or feedback. I do
have some storebought stuff but that's been splattered against the side of the
soundcard enough times that it bears *absolutely* no resemblance to the
original. Not that I would actually care about the logistics of using it... It
just doesn't interest me.

> you that I'll release something that is almost exclusively massive
> guitar, since I'm a guitarist first and foremost.

 Gotta love guitar stuff.
--
Though your brother's bound and gagged and they've chained him to a chair.
Won't you please come to Chicago just to sing. In a land that's known as freedom