[linux-audio-user] good spectrum analyser

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Feb 21 20:19:51 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 01:32:59 -0600, Jan Depner wrote:
> You can lower the update frequency of the spectrum or disable it.  That
> might help a bit but there's a lot going on here.  Use the -s option on
> the command line.  Range is 1-10 with 10 the default and 0 disabled.
> You can also set it through the GUI under the options menu.

Its the EQ + xover processing thats taking all the CPU. I've had a lot of
requests for just the spectrum analyser part of JAMin without the
processing though - so maybe that could be seperated. It would be about
1/8th of the CPU load.

It would also be possible to add an option for time-domain processing of
the EQ and xover, whihc is a lot cheaper, but it would hcange the
behaviour and the HDEQ wouldn't work, which is one of the best features of
JAMin IMHO.

A jamin-users list sounds OK - do you want to set one up? You should have
enough privs on the sf.net system.

- Steve