[linux-audio-user] usb, firewire, or cardbus device with 44.1khz digital out?

Jonathan Beilin jbeilin at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 21 20:54:02 EST 2004

Can anyone point me to a usb, firewire, or cardbus device with 44.1khz
digital output* that will work with the 2.6 kernel and ALSA?

*must not resample ala the soundblaster stuff or edirol ua-1d

I checked the ALSA soundcard matrix but it just shows a generic EZ-USB page
for every USB product. There also appear to be various incompatibilities
with the 2.6 kernel, and it seems that every working card I find resamples
to 48 khz.

Thanks in advance!

Background info: I'm trying to use my laptop as a transport of sorts so I
can feed my FLAC encoded CDs to a nice DAC. I'm also getting into CSound and
super collider so I'd like some decent fidelity output from my laptop for
the stuff I make. I don't need a ton of extra features 'cause those cost
money (VXpocket v2 = $390 = yikes). Yeah I checked the archives of here and
the ALSA user list and I asked on IRC so please don't give me a STFW answer.