[linux-audio-user] good spectrum analyser

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 21:25:26 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 18:17, Jan Depner wrote:
> Have you used the HDEQ yet?  I actually use the background spectrum to
> figure out where to do very small boosts and cuts.  Also, by the time
> you're mastering you shouldn't really be doing anything else that
> requires a lot of CPU power.  I normally run Ardour->JAMin->Ardour when
> I master and I get about 45% CPU usage on my Athlon 1700+.
>
> Jan

Yes, I have used it, and it's very nice. It feels *good*, you know, when
I'm listening and changing things a bit.

I guess my thought was that, assuming I understand the architecture of
the program, it's acting as a visual front end to the 32 channel EQ. If
there were simply fewer channels in the EQ then wouldn't thee be lower
CPU usage?

- Mark