[linux-audio-user] Gvox Midi guitar...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sat Feb 21 21:27:17 EST 2004

I bought not one...but 2 of these damn things from Ebay. It was a hex
pickup and propietary box with RS232 midi interface to PC. They went
bust a few years ago but these things are still around.The last
Windblowz driver support ended in the Win 95 era. Some have reported
getting them to work on Win 98.

Anyway, I got 2...Right now they make great paperweights! Anyone
interested in taking a stab at some linux drivers for them? If it could
be done somewhat easily by someone versed in that area, it would be a
possible cheap Midi guitar option. These boxes float around on Ebay for
between $25.00 to $50.00. If they work even half reasonably, thats a big
difference to the next midi guitar option like the Roland unit. Hell,
the pickup is $200.00!!

Anyway, hands up whos interested! :)

I would be willing to offer up the second unit to someone who can
actually get this done...

R~