[linux-audio-user] Gvox Midi guitar...

Rob lau at kudla.org
Sat Feb 21 22:16:24 EST 2004

On Saturday 21 February 2004 21:42, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 06:27:17 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> > I bought not one...but 2 of these damn things from Ebay. It
> > was a hex pickup and propietary box with RS232 midi
> > interface to PC. They went bust a few years ago but these
> > things are still around.The last Windblowz driver support
> > ended in the Win 95 era. Some have reported getting them to
> You stick an RS232 debug box (or a linux box with 2 serial
> ports and a bit of software I guess) between the win95 box and
> the serial device and prod it.

Actually, I bet that box will just spit out data without anything
needing to talk to it.  Type "xxd /dev/ttyS0" (adjust for what
serial port you plug the thing into) and try playing an open E
string to see what you get (and if it's consistent...) and work
from there.  The toughest part may be trying to figure out the
baud rate....

Rob