[linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Feb 21 22:42:31 EST 2004

Pete Bessman wrote:
> At Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:14:14 -0800,
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>>Or come help develop LinuxSampler!
>>
>>http://www.linuxsampler.org
>

>>From the website:
>
> "A fully usable LinuxSampler will require several months probably a few
> years of development so consider it a long-term project."
>
> Fsck that.  They can come help Specimen, which is fully usable now, if
> not feature rich.  Or they can work on SimSam (simsam.sf.net).  Not to
> be a polemicist, but I predict this will go the way of Octal
> (www.gnu.org/software/octal).  Too much planning, too little product.
> Failing that, when it does reach maturity in a few years, I'll just
> whore the read-from-disk and network control code from 'em.

Nice attitude. While this ethic is understandable it doesn't help
progressions very much. Maybe now you've had a couple of days to think
rationally about it you have changed your mind anyway.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM