[linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

davidrclark at earthlink.net davidrclark at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 22 19:13:07 EST 2004

I'll chime in here, because I think Mark was actually responding to my
sugggestion about multi-sample imports in Specimen.

I really like Pete's Specimen program, and I find it very useful.  I
think it's amazing that he's done it so quickly as a first project.
Please just leave him alone, OK?  He's already spoken; let it go.
We all have complex reasons for choosing our projects, choosing our
profession, marrying a certain person, etc.  There is no way someone
else can step in and understand all those complex reasons.  When
someone says "No!" it usually means at least "No."

Perhaps I should add that I have myself had many bad experiences in
trying to "channel a small amount of time"  into a project.  For me,
this has never worked out.  In fact, I consider that kind of talk to
be a warning sign not to get involved.  The more desperate the plea,
the more likely there is doom ahead.