[linux-audio-user] Re: juno 6

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Feb 23 04:37:17 EST 2004

> > I have binaries of Juno 1.0.1 and RS101 2.0-1.7 if you want them
> > - just let me know your preferred method of delivery. Unless
> > anyone knows of licence restrictions on redistribution of this
> > software - if so, please let me know.
>
> well, could you send me a copy?

I wrote that message quite a while ago. I'm afraid it seems there are
restrictions on redistribution of these binaries, which is why they
have disappeared from the internet. The authors have been asked to
make a libre software release of the code, but so far they have not
done so.

I would advise that you install libre software equivalents, which are
actively maintained or at least have source code available.

For the Juno emulator try Bristol:

http://www.slabexchange.org/index.cgi?DOWNLOAD

and for the sequencer you could try seq24:

http://www.filter24.org/seq24/

I'll cc this to the Linux Audio Users list. If anyone knows of other
Juno emulators, please let Darko know.

Cheers

Daniel