[linux-audio-user] A Little Specimen Testing

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Tue Feb 24 12:36:15 EST 2004

davidrclark at earthlink.net wrote:

> I'd be happy to run other test of other software, but need some pointers
> to demos, etc.  It should also be relatively straightforward to use
> such software, like Specimen is.  Alternatively, I challenge others to
> load up 64 three-second 24/96 samples in their favorite synth, play a
> 175 BPM file with lots of chords, and report back to the rest of us.
> I'll email the file to those interested.  I'm serious; I'd really like
> to know what's out there.  How much does it cost, and how easy is it to
> use?  If it's less than five dollars and very easy to use, I may be
> interested.

 Windows:

 {top 2}
 halion from Steinberg
 Native Instruments has Kontact and Intact

 VSampler
 Mach 5 {I think {mac}} Motu {newest contender... might run in win I don't know}
 Live from Ableton {they advertise it that way anyway}

 You might just check kvr-vst.com and Harmony Central.

--
Though your brother's bound and gagged and they've chained him to a chair
won't you please come to Chicago just to sing? In a land that's known as