[linux-audio-user] Live Laptop Linux FX processor...

hanaghan at starband.net hanaghan at starband.net
Tue Feb 24 13:03:30 EST 2004

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 06:05:40 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 05:51, Emiliano Grilli wrote:
>> > martedì, 24 febbraio 2004 alle 05:23:12, Russell Hanaghan ha
>> no GUI comes up. All I see is the midi ports in the "Connect"
>> window under Qjackctl with Jack running. Version is 1.7.X from
>> Thacs RMS on MDK 9.2.

>> > You have to call ams with the "--jack" switch if you want to run it
>> under jack.
>>
>> Tried that too. I assume ams IS running if the midi ports show in
>> Qjackconnect(?)
>
> Yes.
>
>> I should see the AMS gui come up right?
>
> Yes. I've never seen this problem myself. Are you running it from a
> console? If so do you seen any output?

Yes...running from "konsole" as root for qjackctl and ams. (su root)

NOPE.

> I see
>
> [swh at dumuzi]$ ams --jack
> LADSPA_PATH: /usr/lib/ladspa
> Connected to JACK with 2 inputs and 2 outputs

I see "LADSPA_PATH: /usr/lib/ladspa"
I dont see the "Connected to Jack w/2 ins and 2 outs.

I did see on the SF ams page that the ins and outs needed to be specified(?)

Also, this is running on my "ttable" .asoundrc config with 2 x SBlives.
Jack is setup with 4 inputs and 4 outputs. Perhaps AMS does not expect to
see this? I just assumed if it's humming along in Jack without problems
AMS would figure it out.  Ardour recognizes the 4 ports without issue.

R~