[linux-audio-user] Laptop tuning

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Feb 25 13:19:59 EST 2004

Hi folks,

I am trying to make my 2 year old laptop fit for live-usage. Currently I am
stuck at the 50ms latency border...

I am using kernel 2.6.3-gentoo-r1, have preemption enabled and run jackd and
every accessing app as root. I spent a day tuning my hd but there is no speed
improvment so far.

When I try to run jackd with less than 50ms latency sound is garbled and
broken...
I am using the builtin maestro3 for audio and an Edirol UM-2 for MIDI.

Which other things did I miss? Where is room for speed improvements?

Thanks in advance,

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---