[linux-audio-user] VST Server and such...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Feb 26 02:01:58 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 18:51, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> I can't seem to leave well enuf alone!
>
> Trying to get vstserver up on my MDK 9.2 machine.
>
> Installed RPM's from Thacs. Installed as root. Copied my '.dll' VST
> plugs to a directory. Set "VST_PATH" variable to that directory.
>
> When I run VSTserver from a console it just sits saying "VSTSERVER/main:
> vstserver 0.3.1 has started. Waitng for requests"
>
> Now what? How do I interface VST plugs with a typical LADSPA host for
> example?

Hells Bells Martha! I'm talkin to myself! :)

Upodate: VST server is a pain in the a$$!  Never did like Wine much.
Anyway, a myriad of other issues did I find. Too many to list!  So I
shredded Wine / VST server/ blah blah blah.

So Steve,  (begging on bended knees) 'bout that vocoder / harmonizer
plugin?? :)