[linux-audio-user] What is status vxpocket + alsa + jack

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Thu Feb 26 12:10:31 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 22:43, Chris Pickett wrote:

> Are you really saying that 44.1 kHz doesn't work with ALSA and JACK?
> Isn't 16-bit 44.1 kHz the CD audio standard?  I'm quite surprised (but
> not doubting you) if that's the real reason your UA-20 doesn't work.

I got the vxpocket and have been experimenting.  You (and others) are
right.  The issue isn't with the sample rate.  I was getting the same
errors with the vxpocket and jack as with UA-20.

"The audio interface "hw:1" doesn't support any of the hardware sample
formats that JACK's alsa-driver can use."

The problem seems to be that when compiling jack the alsa-driver looks
to see if the system is big or little endian.  It selects the sample
formats based on that.  Problem is the powerbook is big endian and the
vxpocket uses little endian.

digger