[linux-audio-user] mas

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 27 05:10:41 EST 2004

juto aviten <periclite at free.fr> wrote:
> RTaylor wrote:

> >Anybody tried this?
> >http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net

> Yes I installed it and used it sometimes. You could connect sound card
> on tcp network via client/server protocol.
> It's a little bit like NAS.
> It's quite interesting

 I thought it was new. It would make X a lot nicer to have a completeish sound
system like this. The Perceptual-Time Dataflow thingy looks nifty as hell. Not
only sound but intelligent configuration {if I read this correctly}. Lots of
nifty apps as well.

Taybin Rutkin <taybin at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The mailing lists are dead, the site hasn't been updated, and the programmers
> are working on something else.
>
> Despite all that though, I talked to a couple of them at their booth at
> linuxworldconf in January, and they said it was still alive.  They're having a
> chicken-egg situation though.

 Chicken-egg?

> It sounds like neat software though.

 Yeah

 I gotta' set up another machine. :}

--
Though your brother's bound and gagged and they've chained him to a chair
won't you please come to Chicago just to sing? In a land that's known as