[linux-audio-user] midi issue and Event EZBus letter

Kent, Gary gkent at mhc.edu
Fri Feb 27 13:10:20 EST 2004

Frank:
	When you say supported as a USB-device does that mean that
essentially my Linux box will recognize it as a device which allows me
to use it as a recording device into Ardour or Muse or Audacity (in this
case allowing 2 channels of recording) just as I would in my Mac, but
just bypassing all of the Event provided interface software such as the
Mix Librarian and templates that are issued for Win/Mac users?

I understand your concern for wanting the source itself instead of a
version done by the manufacturer.  I guess I was just eager about an
Event driver since when I see the RME products that work well with Linux
I assumed that this is how RME was issuing their drivers, namely, from
within their organization.  Does RME or M-Audio give their code to Linux
developers?

Thanks for the reply,
gk