[linux-audio-user] NoteEdit 2.3.4 note entry (beam) question

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sat Jan 3 15:53:17 EST 2004

Hello,

Joerg Anders said:

>> use the beam tool. Is there a shorter way?
>
> No, unfortunately. Perhaps I'll sometimes improve this. But currently I'm
> working on a different GPL project. So I can only do only a small support
> for NoteEdit.

Thanks for answering! If no secret, which project are you in now?

And - do you mind if I try hacking on NoteEdit? There are a couple similar
entry speed problems (like slurs - also "selection required"), and I
thought I could try, although I'm not at all sure I;ll succeed anytime
soon. However, branching usually stinks, so I'd better ask for the
author's blessing.

Is there some CVS/alpha code out there, so I could hack on the latest
version? Or is 2.3.4 the final code for today?

(Someday I'd like to write the specs and start a new project specifically
for note entry - basically a frontend to one of the text-based note
formats; but I'd like to learn all there is to learn about NoteEdit first,
as this is the closest free projects that exist).

Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik