[linux-audio-user] hdsp multiface problem

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Jan 5 19:19:41 EST 2004

hi all,

i've got a problem with my brand new hdsp multiface / cardbus ... i got
everything working so far ... modules are installed and can upload the
firmware ...
i can even use the hdspmixer to mix the incoming sounds to the outputs

but i didn't manage to play any sound from the computer ... i can
start jack / pd / spiralmodular, but all i hear is a distorted sound,
that sounds a bit similar to what i expect the signal to sound ... the
pitch of the distortion changes when i change the rate of the
sample clock source ... any idea what could cause this behaviour ?
btw, i can't start jack when i set the sample clock source to values
greater than 62khz ...
the strangest thing ... when starting the audio application, the output
signal that is routed from the input channels has these distortions,
too, until i stop the application...

i've been trying alsa 0.9.8 and 1.0.0_rc2 and i downgraded the firmware
from rev. 11 to 10 ...

any hints?

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,