[linux-audio-user] Tascam USB 122 thingy

Paul Brossier piem-lists at altern.org
Tue Jan 6 22:21:43 EST 2004

the tascam 122 is now reported to work on linux.
http://www.langerland.de/us122/index.html

according the thread you mention below, the drivers snd-usb-us428 and
snd-usb-us122 are now merged into snd-usb-usx2y (in alsa 1.0.0-rc2).

i managed to load snd-usb-usx2y, load the firmware in the card, and
create the alsa devices, but still got that same errors
(SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS failed).

some threads i found :
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09840.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg10408.html

the error i got was very similar to this :

.ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:324:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS
failed: Operation not permitted
ACCESS: MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S32_LE
SUBFORMAT: STD