[linux-audio-user] intel8x0: clocking to 48000

Reuben Martin MartinR at jbu.edu
Thu Jan 8 02:56:38 EST 2004

Right now there is a bug in Alsa (after version 0.9.8) for intel8x0 that causes a lot of xruns (2-3 a second!) when trying to set the sample rate to 44100. I would stick to 48000 for now until that matter gets fixed. You shouldn't have any problems with that setting.

-Reuben

--From:	Atte André Jensen--
intel8x0: clocking to 48000

I also presume this is not optimal and should be changed to 44100,
right? Where is this done?

I run debian/unstable on both 2.4.23-low-latency-patched and 2.6.0/1
kernels with the latest alsa on 2.4 and the build in alsa in 2.6. Please
bear with me, but I don't really know which config files to post....

Thanks in advance.
--
peace, love & harmony
Atte