[linux-audio-user] Recommendations for audio software needed

Conrad Newton conrad.newton at broadpark.no
Thu Jan 8 19:11:52 EST 2004

>From Brian Redfern on Thursday, 2004-01-08 at 15:48:09 -0800:
> >
> > In the present context, I am avoiding hacker programs.
> > Have you used cecilia, the front end to csound?
> > Does it make the whole package more user-friendly?
>
> It does, and it works pretty easily, makes it very easy to do granular
> synthesis and has some good built in demos.

But if I had to choose a musical education tool for teachers
and young people, might I not be better off with a midi
program such as muse or rosegarden4?

What would be the advantage of csound/cecilia?

I gather that csound is the emacs of the music world,
but I have already removed emacs from my live CD,
because I regard it as frightening to the average user.

Conrad