[linux-audio-user] loop creation under Linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 14 16:06:23 EST 2004

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> Personally I find Ableton the most bone-headed software ever made! In
> blind taste-tests, 9 out of 10 electronic muscians who have been making
> tracks longer than 6 months can spot a piece made in Ableton, simply
> because it is only good for one thing: time-synching whatever kinds of
> loops you throw into it with a lockstep four-to-the-floor beat. Beyond
> that, it is a creative cul-de-sac. </rant>

Well, but Ableton Live managed to do this in a perfect way. As there's
so much 4->floor music around this is quite an accomplishement. But
you're right, that Live is useless without loops/samples and you'll
have to resort to other tools for creating them. That's why Robert
Henke of Ableton also is quite an expert in Max/MSP and often has it
running in the background of Live, as he told me once.

> Wine is fine, but lysergic acid diethylamide is quicker.
> Hardee-har-har... :-)

Hhm, I never thought about that. Is this related to that LINE thing
("Lysergic... Is Not an Emulator")?

ciao