[linux-audio-user] Rosegarden-4 or Muse or...

Rocco linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Thu Jan 15 11:22:18 EST 2004

>>now i try to use hydrogen for drums, IMHO it has very good "swing" and
>>"humanize" functions.

The only version of Hydrogen that I've used is 0.8.0. It didn't have any
"real-time" recording capabilities (press record, play your midi
keyboard and it records in real time). I had to go to a window and use
mouse clicks to input notes. Is there a version out there that allows
for "real-time" recording?

The drums sounds in Hydrogen are the best I've heard. But they have
their own format. I just wish they were standardized sounds (like WAV
samples or sound fonts). I'm not sure I can load any sounds that I want
(other than Hydrogen-format sounds).

Rocco