[linux-audio-user] Rosegarden-4 or Muse or...

Rocco linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Thu Jan 15 15:27:41 EST 2004

>>The drums sounds in Hydrogen are the best I've heard. But they have
>>their own format. I just wish they were standardized sounds (like WAV
>>samples or sound fonts). I'm not sure I can load any sounds that I want
>>(other than Hydrogen-format sounds).

> All of the samples I've ever used with Hydrogen have been standard .WAV
> files.  I'm not aware of Hydrogen being able to load anything else.

Oh... I get it... When I export a drumkit, it exports a "Gzip" file. I
extract that and it's a "Tar" file. When I extract that I have a
directory of .WAV files.

I notice that neither ecasound or xmms can play them in their original
format. I have to load them into Sweep and save them out again.

There's some pretty good samples in the GMkit. I can't wait to listen to
the other kits.

Thanks for letting me know these are available...

Rocco