[linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency?

Glenn McCord clari_player at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jan 17 18:24:48 EST 2004

modprobe.conf and modules.conf have the same sound related entries.
Where is snddevices found? I can't install alsa-driver when alsa is
built in and even if I exclude alsa from the kernel I still can't
install it. I'm just going to try a straight 2.6.1 kernel (no patches).
I got sound with the 2.6 by doing this but had dreadful jack
performance. Here goes...

/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed:
This file exists and I gave it full permissions. But no luck for me.