[linux-audio-user] web forums

Benjamin Flaming lau at solobanjo.com
Sat Jan 17 12:11:06 EST 2004

     One possible solution to the web forums question would be to talk with
LinuxQuestions.org about setting up a "Linux Audio" forum.  This would have
several advantages:

1. It is already a place where Linux newbies (who probably don't know about
   LAU) gather.
2. There are already many Linux gurus and intermediate users who read the
   forums and answer questions.
3. The S/N ratio, and overall tone of the forums, has already been established
   as very good (IMHO).
4. Google's ranking system already has the LinuxQuestions.org domain name
   strongly linked with all manner of Linux terms - because of the extensive
   archives (which have answered more than one question for me in the past).

     I'm sure there are disadvantages as well, but I haven't time to think of
them, and I wanted to submit this idea for discussion. :)