[linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Jan 18 08:25:30 EST 2004

Vincent Touquet wrote:

> One of the problems with the Ricoh controller was that it couldn't
> handle bursts (don't know the details). Could it be that the Linux
> driver is relying on this, yielding artifacts ?

According to RME, this limits the number of tracks one can
record/playback, but I don't know if it could affect playback quality of
a single stereo track.

My own laptop has identical Ricoh controllers, and after some wrestling,
I got them working. For me, one of the keys was disabling ACPI's PCI
assignments to get the card on the proper IRQ. But Tim already tried
that [right?], and I have already sent him my kernel config, so I am a
bit out of ideas....

D.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl