[linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency and kernel 2.6.1-mm# problems

James Stone stone1 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 20 02:51:01 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:45:06AM +0100, martijn wrote:
> Once upon a Mon, Jan 19 2004, Jack O'Quin hit keys in the following order:
> >
> > You are correct.  JACK's ./configure has no --enable-realtime option.
> >
> > Martijn probably means the --realtime option of jackd (same as -R).
>
> True. I was thinking of --enable-capabilities and the realtime security module
> and something mixed up in my brain.
>
> something else, has anyone got 2.6.1 with a version of Andrew Morton's patch
> branch working? I wanted to upgrade to alsa 1.0.1 and that seemed to be the
> easiest way, but the first buffer that get's filled starts looping until i
> close the soundcard programmatically. like if there's an interrupt conflict or
> something... I have an Audiophile 2496 (ice1712) on an Asus a7v333-x. o and i'm
> totally sure there's no interrupt conflict in my system. Everything works fine
> with an unpatched 2.6.1 though... Has anyone with the same hardware/kernel
> combo got this to work?
>

> martijn.

Yep I am running 2.6.1mm4 but with a SBLive. The only problems I had were
related to running the kernel modules with the old version of alsa
libraries.

(Oh apart from some kernel panics which occurred when the computer tried
to remove snd_usb_audio at shutdown when my usb midi keyboard was on..
had to change the shutdown script to solve that one..)

Doesn't the a7v333-x have an Nforce chipset or some such?  I think there
are problems with this chipset at the moment.

I must say that though 2.6.1 is very nice, it does seem a little buggy
for a stable release.

James