[linux-audio-user] Graphical volume level meter

Guy Daniel CLOTILDE guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 20 15:38:12 EST 2004

Kai Weber wrote / a écrit:
> > Hi,
>
> I am searching a graphical level-meter to control the input volume for
> recording or the output volume (to avoid clipping and distortion).
>
> I know ecasignalview.

well it may not be your solution, but I simply use audacity to record, because when I start recording, the wave is displayed so I know if there is clipping or distortion. Once the volume is correctly set, I don't stop recording. When the recording is finished, I just delete the beginning of the file containing the tests.

GuyCLO~