[linux-audio-user] jack compiling problems with kernel 2.6

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu Jan 22 11:22:44 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:06:42 +0100
Alexander Klosch <linux-lists at web.de> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm running gentoo/ppc on ibook rev 2.2
> kernel 2.6.1_rc3 [including snd-powermac] and alsa-lib 1.0.1
> when i compile jack I get following errors:
>
> [snip]
> checking for gethostent... yes
> checking for setsockopt... yes
> checking for connect... yes
> checking for on_exit... yes
> checking for atexit... yes
>    JACK will use System V shm API (shmget() and friends)
> checking for capgetp in -lcap... no
> configure: WARNING: *** no libcap present
> configure: WARNING: *** required program md5sum not found
> configure: error: *** Capabilities support not present. Run configure
> again without --enable-capabilities.
>
> . but alsa is there and gives sound, no problems there.
> how to solve this?

by reading the error messages. It seems you want to compile jackd with
the --enable-capabilities flag set during configure.. this will not work
if you don't meet the requirements listed..

So, just follow the advice from the error message and configure without
the --enable-capabilities patch or install lipcap and md5sum..

Flo

--
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm
http://www.arted.biz/mista.tapas