[linux-audio-user] jack compiling problems with kernel 2.6

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Jan 23 09:25:18 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:05:37 +0100
Alexander Klosch <linux-lists at web.de> wrote:

> > >    JACK will use System V shm API (shmget() and friends)
> > > checking for snd_pcm_drop in -lasound... no
> > > configure: WARNING: ALSA 0.9 support not found
> > > checking for Pa_Initialize in -lportaudio... no
> > > configure: error: No drivers can be built
> > >

> > what's the output of
> >
> > cat /proc/asound/version
>
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 0.9.7 (Thu Sep 25
> 19:16:36 2003 UTC). Compiled on Apr 22 2004 for kernel
> 2.6.1_rc1-benh1.
>
> .. so it seems 0.9.7 is in the kernel. so should I install alsa-lib &
> alsa-utils in the same version?

Usually that's a good idea but shouldn't be the cause for the configure
failure.. I still wonder why the configure script doesn't find the alsa
stuff though.. did you maybe install alsa-lib to /usr/local? Have a look
at the config.log. It contains the error message which made the alsa
test fail.. which jack version btw?

Flo

--
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm